Join us in the evening on January 26th for the return of our annual in-person ethics presentation. Local author, Accounting & Finance professor Boz Bostrom, CPA will enlighten us with the current issues in business ethics. This will be a 2 CPE event that satisfies the annual ethics requirement for CMAs. Check out Boz on LinkedIn as he is entertaining, knowledgeable and has quite the following.
We'll have a social starting at 5:30pm along with dinner prior to the 6:30-8:10pm presentation. We are in the process of procuring a venue. Minneapolis Chapter members can keep an eye out for a formal invitation in early January. Registration will open early next year.
Current Issues in Business Ethics - 2023
Boz Bostrom will provide participants with an update on business ethics issues. There will be a focus on learning about laws which apply to accounting and finance professionals.
Program Learning Objectives:
After participating in this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the attitudes of others related to ethics
- Understand laws, rules, and regulations which apply to accounting and finance professionals
- Understand consequences of violating the laws, rules, and regulations
- Understand and learn from current ethical violations
- Understand examples of effective and ineffective ethical leadership
- Understand benefits of ethical leadership
Boz Bostrom, CPA. Boz is a professor of accounting and finance at the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University. Boz teaches a variety of accounting and finance courses and speaks nationally on the topics of ethics and leadership. Boz is the author of three books, including his recent release, The New Start, a financial thriller. Boz also serves on the Board of Directors for the Minnesota Society of CPAs. Prior to becoming a professor, Boz was a senior manager in Deloitte’s international tax practice.